Monday, March 7, 2011

A Bon Voyage.....

........It was trip of lifetime each and every moment filled with different emotions and .........feelings........Well the start itself was jerky.....
My Bro getting married on his bday itself and informs me just 20 days in advance and wants the tickets to be done immediately........ its hard time to find flights on such a short notice...... then after 4 days he tells me that the wedding has be pre-poned for 4 days, so in short I had already lost 8 days on ticket bookings so that atleast leads to 8% inflation on the tickets ;)
I somehow managed to crack a deal after 3 days of head scratching and nail bitting........I was relaxed chalo sab theek se ho gaya now I can attend my Brother's wedding.......

On the day of travel I had to leave for airport directly from my office which is like 30kms roughly 1 hour sud be enough I still left with more 45 min in hand.............. now what cud go wrong.......here they start going wrong.....
No bus near office whr at times there are 3 buses standing at the same time today when I needed it the most there was none and time was slipping second by second......next wht......

Plan B - go to next stop whr cud be there are more bus options..... till now 10 minutes are gone by the time we reach at the next stop its already 15 min........ Now I just have30 min in spare..... and time for typical and authentic Mumbai traffic...... cud it be worse than this....... if you are thinking this is the end......its just the beginning................
No bus for next 15 min and no auto ready to go...... finally used old contacts and got a taxi........ took another 5 min.......... so like hopes of boarding the flight is getting dimmer and dimmer every second.................. the 1st question to the Taxi person...... "1 ghante mein pahucha paaoge airport yaa nahi".... he fires a question back "Domestic or International"....... I am like damn confident had to be domestic.........what to ask in this......
From whr we were standing the taxi took a U turn for DOMESTIC....... now what....... running speeding across all parts of mumbai...... whenever the taxi slows its speed.... my heart was sinking.......... like titanic.......

exactly 1 hour and 3 minutes(to be precise because even a second counts)so now exactly 50 minutes left for the flight to leave..... I was relaxed that I have reached well in time and there was a surpise awaiting .......I was informed at the counter that flight would take off from INTERNATIONAL airport and I was at Domestic...... another 10 kms + mumbai traffic thats unbeatable jaha bhagwaan bhi madad nahi kar sakti............

The auto guy ready to drop me in 15-17 min with 300 bugs....... but the International flight checkin time and counter closes 1hour before so was in 2 minds whether to go to International nd waste 300 bugs or not........

took my chance thought bhagwaan inta boora nahi kaarega ki mere bhai ki shaadi mein main naa pahuch paau.......................there was so much risk but I took a chance and ran in the auto..... next thing my instant reaction....... call the airlines may be request works..... called requested nd kinda begged ki pls mujhe flight mein baitha lo pls pls as if main nahi jaaungi to bhai ki shaadi nahi hogi but that was how it was...... i was like damn damn nervous....... did not know ki next 10 min mein kya hone vaala hai........they agreed to wait for 10 min max and the autowala was riding high as if auto nahi metro express train ho........traffic se joojhte joojhtee finally in 13 minutes I was there......... you will think thats it now things are OK...... still not over

I reached nd went to collect my boarding pass he asked me what all I have in luggage........... you knw the extra bit of security at INTERNAtional airport was killing now........ I got some beautiful glass and crystal stuff for gift...... the official now become villan..... you cannot carry all this....... you will have to throw it away etc etc...... i WAS like shiit hoiw can all this happen to me yaar........ by now I just had 20 min left for the flight to leave so I decided to leave the stuff and board..........but then things started to straighten up...... the Security official gave me a chance and passed the stuff through scanning and it cleared without issue......I started running from there as just 15 min left.............

In next 3 min I was at the gate with an Airline crew member travelling towards the airlines as the last passenger to ONBOARD........

This was the THE MOST ultimate experience for me till date.......hope you guys enjoy reading it......

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaha..............dat was too interesting like a full 2.5 hrs movie..........n the name of d movie wud be - 'Thoda thoda bhaga bhaga sa.....thoda thoda dauda dauda saa' (although the name seems to b a little longer even by Karan Johar's standard...but it'll do :))............hehehehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ye to tu ph pe bi bata sakti thi......waise achchi band baji....teri.... :)

    ReplyDelete